It's been 10 years since I was diagnosed with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma... cancer. I started this blog to share the many emotions, fears, experiences and, hopefully, triumphs that I will face throughout this journey. I have two goals for this blog, 1. To gain some degree of personal therapeutic benefit and, 2. To help others who may one day face a similar struggle by detailing the process of diagnosis, treatment and recovery so that they may know what to expect.

Friday, September 22, 2006

"And down the stretch..."

September 22, 2006 - So I guess I'm on the last lap. One and a half weeks to go. Really, not too much new to report. I'm just so ready for this to be over. I'm starting to wonder what it's going to be like once it is over, though. As bad as treatment is, it is still somewhat of a comfort. It gives you a sense of actively fighting this disease. Once that is gone, then what? These last three months have been a whirlwind of doctor's offices, procedures, surgeries... all in an effort to rid me of cancer. Is the fight over after next week? How do I continue it on my own? As anxious as I am to be done with all of this, I'm equally terrified to be left to my own devices.

Dr. Dar told me this week that my skin has cleared up enough to stop taking the antibiotic. Reading between the lines, I think what he was saying was he wanted to make sure the Erbitux is still working without alerting me to the possibility that it might not be.

Since I don't have too much to say, I thought I'd post some pics to show what it is I'm fighting for.

Mason Loves Testudo!

Mason Loves his Mommy!

Mason Loves his... Soccer Coach!

Almost One Year Ago Exactly! Happier Days...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of cancer patients get anxious when treatment ends because they feel abandoned after being under a microscope for so long. Defintely check out some type of support group, some of them are online even.

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home